It’s once again time for interested students to apply for the John Mack Scholarship Award. This scholarship is for brothers in Alpha Phi Omega who are working to help charitable or humanitarian organizations through their service and leadership. Winning the scholarship grants the recipient funding for their educational expences at their current university, as well as their name on the National Office’s John Mack Scholarship Award plaque.
Applicants for the scholarship must:
- Be a member of Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity and have been initiated the previous July
- Be enrolled at a college/university for the upcoming school year
- Be pursuing classes leading to a college or university degree
- Exhibit volunteerism and unselfish service to others
- Exhibit significant participation and leadership in extracurricular activities to benefit individuals in need and/or charitable and/or humanitarian organizations
Applicants must submit their application form, as well as a statement of purpose and letter of recommendation, by May 1, 2015 in order to be considered. The National Office’s online form allows for you to scan and submit letters of recommendations online with the rest of your application. All parts must be submitted simultaneously to be considered.
The winners of the John Mack Scholarship will be announced at the end of May. Any awarded funds will be submitted directly to the winner’s university for that student’s benefit. Expected awards are a one-time scholarship of at least $500 per recipient. Good luck to everyone applying!